Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Surgery Went well.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Surgery Went well.  Empty
PostSubject: Going in for an operation.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 pm

January 17 I will be going to the hospital for a Hernia Operation. Will be down for a few days but off for 6 to 8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Ouch. Good luck with that, I'll pray you make a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm

eber322 wrote:
Ouch. Good luck with that, I'll pray you make a speedy recovery.
I am going to one of the best surgeons in the three states. That is why it is taking so long. His waiting list is massive.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 pm

God bless. Don't eat the green Jello.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 4:30 pm

ford plasko wrote:
God bless. Don't eat the green Jello.
In and out in one day. Thank god too. Because Aramark has the food account there.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I am going to one of the best surgeons in the three states. That is why it is taking so long. His waiting list is massive.
I'm confused. I had a hernia, and now have another. But never needed any "special" surgeon. Hernia repair is one of the most simple surgical procedures there are. So simple you'll be there less than 6 hours before you are on your way home. The surgery itself is around 1 hour.

I'm not getting this one repaired until after new years. I'll have time then.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I'm confused. I had a hernia, and now have another. But never needed any "special" surgeon. Hernia repair is one of the most simple surgical procedures there are. So simple you'll be there less than 6 hours before you are on your way home. The surgery itself is around 1 hour.

I'm not getting this one repaired until after new years. I'll have time then.
He not a special surgeon just the best around here. When my doctor referred me she said there is one surgeon I will not recommend. I have checked this guy out and he is very good. Mine is after the new year. So what did you do to aggravate your hernia again?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 10:46 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
He not a special surgeon just the best around here. When my doctor referred me she said there is one surgeon I will not recommend. I have checked this guy out and he is very good. Mine is after the new year. So what did you do to aggravate your hernia again?

I didn't aggravate my hernia old friend. My last one was a left inguinal. This one is a right inguinal. Both were caused by over exertion.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I didn't aggravate my hernia old friend. My last one was a left inguinal. This one is a right inguinal. Both were caused by over exertion.
I am afraid I have one on each side. I hope I don't but would not surprise me. Did you get the Mesh?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Yes, I had mesh installed. As I was still on active duty back then (around 20 years ago) they didn't want to risk a recurrence. Never had a problem with it since.

Not sure this time around, but really don't care.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I am afraid I have one on each side. I hope I don't but would not surprise me. Did you get the Mesh?

What makes you say that? My doctor screened me prior to setting up a surgery date. Did you not also get screened?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

What makes you say that? My doctor screened me prior to setting up a surgery date. Did you not also get screened?
He felt both sides. They are going to blow my gut up check it all out.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 9:59 am

That's a new one on me. That has nothing to do with a hernia.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am

Bandit wrote:
That's a new one on me. That has nothing to do with a hernia.
It is minimal surgery for a hernia. They separate the skin from the muscle with a gas, send a scope in. It only requires two small cuts. I guess it is the most accurate way to see is going on. At least that is what the surgeon told me.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
It is minimal surgery for a hernia. They separate the skin from the muscle with a gas, send a scope in. It only requires two small cuts. I guess it is the most accurate way  to see is going on. At least that is what the surgeon told me.

I gottcha. Now it all makes sense. You're not waiting on a general surgeon. You're waiting on an Endoscopic surgeon. He/she is going to do a Laparoscopy on you. Those are tough surgeons to come by, because it's one of the most difficult fields of surgery. The gas they use is just CO2. The other cut is for the scope.

I'm still surprised they didn't do an MRI or cat scan first.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
It is minimal surgery for a hernia. They separate the skin from the muscle with a gas, send a scope in. It only requires two small cuts. I guess it is the most accurate way  to see is going on. At least that is what the surgeon told me.

I gottcha. Now it all makes sense. You're not waiting on a general surgeon. You're waiting on an Endoscopic surgeon. He/she is going to do a Laparoscopy on you. Those are tough surgeons to come by, because it's one of the most difficult fields of surgery. The gas they use is just CO2. The other cut is for the scope.

I'm still surprised they didn't do an MRI or cat scan first.
It was very noticeable. Really no need for one because my guts are hanging out. So ya they are going to do that and fix it all in one operation. That is why I had to wait two months to get it because they are hard to come by.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Just got back surgery went well. Gave me some oxycodone but if I can keep from taking it I will. I hate pills.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Good to hear. Heal up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgery Went well.    Surgery Went well.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery Went well.
Page 1 of 1