Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Creature from the Black Lagoon Empty
PostSubject: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 1:54 am

A 1954 classic from Universal Pictures. People argue it wasn't Sci-Fi but horror. I disagree. The entire movie was based on science fiction, and very little horror if any. Kinda like the very first Star Wars. I saw Luke's aunt and uncle's corpses still smoking on Tatooine. Saw Han shoot Guido, leaving his corpse also smoking. Saw Ben slice off that guys arm in the same tavern, using his lightsabre. Did all that carnage make it horror? Nope.

The same for this movie. Did modern man come from the oceans? Is that why we can't find the "missing link" on land? Are there more of what we used to be thousands of years ago in our oceans? Our waterways? Was Atlantis real? All Sci-Fi.

Anyway, the inspiration for this movie was the 1941 creation of "Aquaman" by DC comics. But in the production they wanted a more scientific approach, not mythology (Atlantis). Hence the "creature" has legs and walks like a man, has arms and hands, but also resembles a fish.

The movie was an instant hit. To those scientific minds, was it possible we once lived under water? They made 2 sequels but they were not as good as the first.

Also there is Julia Adams. How can you NOT want her? Seeing her in that bathing suit and swimming, I forgot all about the creature until he notices her too!

Creature from the Black Lagoon 20140531_155446a

Lastly, if you wish, watch the movie here. It's free:

Link
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Great movie. Gave me nightmares as a kid. I guess I wasn't looking at the babeinasuit. :shock:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Loved that movie. Was one of them the first 3D movie?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Nope. 3D was way before the 50's. Universal didn't even make it's first 3D movie until the 50's. The name of it was "It Came from Outer Space".
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Nope. 3D was way before the 50's. Universal didn't even make it's first 3D movie until the 50's. The name of it was "It Came from Outer Space".
Okay now which one was the first to be shown on TV that was 3D?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Okay now which one was the first to be shown on TV that was 3D?

That wasn't this movie. You must be thinking about "Revenge of the Creature". That movie was just lame. But around the early 80's it was the first 3D movie to air on TV. It was a total flop in the ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon   Creature from the Black Lagoon Empty

Back to top Go down

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Page 1 of 1