Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Grumpy Old Peeps

Go down 
+5
eber322
Annoyed
justmemyselfandi
nerdatnight
Skycastle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 am

There is indeed inequality in our country. What concerns me, is if I think the government needs to do something about it. In many cases, I do not think they do. In many more, I think they have done too much, and caused more damage than good.

Weather or not you like the term, reverse racism is real. You really need to get past this white vs black thing, and see the world around you. Chinese citizens living in Japan absolutely discriminate against the Japanese. So do Koreans. And the Japanese citizens living in either China or Korea return the gesture. It's all over Asia. We took note of it during WW2. It wasn't until the 60's that reverse racism came to the US during Affirmative action.

It simply means that a majority ethnic group is being discriminated against by a minor one. Now you may think it's a bunch of rubbish, but Conservatives do not, and I agree with them.

As for name calling, the majority of it I have seen at this board, is by Conservatives. It was in fact a Conservative that called Liberals "Nuts" in my post. Still, I wouldn't say it's exclusively a tactic of either side.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 pm

With the kind of bullcr@p you just spouted, it's no wonder people say you're "nuts". Somebody saying you're nuts is not name calling, implying or saying your views are nuts, wacky, delusional, etc is NOT CALLING YOU A NAME. Name calling is what the liberals tend to do, like calling Tea Party people gay, "Tea Baggers".

It's nice that you get your definitions from the bathroom wall aka Wikipedia :roll:, but the term "reverse racism" has only EVER been applied to white people. It's white people on one side and any other group on the other. All it implies is that normally only whites are racist, therefore anything racist against whites is "reverse" from the normal. You live in such a delusional fantasy world, you're not even adjacent to reality.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Nobody says I'm nuts Eber. And denying facts doesn't make them bullcr@p either. I assure you I live in the real world. I see it for what it is, as it is. There is nothing fantastical or delusional about it.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Bandit wrote:
There is indeed inequality in our country. What concerns me, is if I think the government needs to do something about it. In many cases, I do not think they do. In many more, I think they have done too much, and caused more damage than good.

Weather or not you like the term, reverse racism is real. You really need to get past this white vs black thing, and see the world around you. Chinese citizens living in Japan absolutely discriminate against the Japanese. So do Koreans. And the Japanese citizens living in either China or Korea return the gesture. It's all over Asia. We took note of it during WW2. It wasn't until the 60's that reverse racism came to the US during Affirmative action.

It simply means that a majority ethnic group is being discriminated against by a minor one. Now you may think it's a bunch of rubbish, but Conservatives do not, and I agree with them.

As for name calling, the majority of it I have seen at this board, is by Conservatives. It was in fact a Conservative that called Liberals "Nuts" in my post. Still, I wouldn't say it's exclusively a tactic of either side.
First of all racism is racism no such thing as reverse racism. In the Navy I was a EEO facilitator. When we brought up reverse racism the instructors had a fit. No such thing they said. They made it very clear racism is racism and reverse racism is just the opposite of racism. Meaning a reverse racist is not racist. Sorry but had to clear that up. A black person does not participate in reverse racism they participate in racism period.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:26 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
First of all racism is racism no such thing as reverse racism. In the Navy I was a EEO facilitator. When we brought up reverse racism the instructors had a fit. No such thing they said. They made it very clear racism is racism and reverse racism is just the opposite of racism. Meaning a reverse racist is not racist. Sorry but had to clear that up. A black person does not participate in reverse racism they participate in racism period.
All good if this were the Department of Defense. Sorry Vulcan, but it isn't. And for the record, the Defense Institute teaches that because all they care about is Racist behavior, not the type. The DoD is NOT the civilian judicial system. Nor are they going to rewrite the entire military judicial system, just to include specifics. They teach all this at the Institute. You did attend training at the Institute, yes?

Under the DoD, the only specifics they allow for is discrimination, and even those are limited, as compared to the civilian courts.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:52 pm

eber322 wrote:
With the kind of bullcr@p you just spouted, it's no wonder people say you're "nuts". Somebody saying you're nuts is not name calling, implying or saying your views are nuts, wacky, delusional, etc is NOT CALLING YOU A NAME. Name calling is what the liberals tend to do, like calling Tea Party people gay, "Tea Baggers".

It's nice that you get your definitions from the bathroom wall aka Wikipedia :roll:, but the term "reverse racism" has only EVER been applied to white people. It's white people on one side and any other group on the other. All it implies is that normally only whites are racist, therefore anything racist against whites is "reverse" from the normal. You live in such a delusional fantasy world, you're not even adjacent to reality.
So saying that you're a delusional, wacky, nutter isn't name calling, just an observation based on your opinions. Interesting. I'll be sure to tell all my libtard friends that attempting to belittle someone based on opinion doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 am

I have the last post in every forum. How sad is that? And I don't even post that much!
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 am

Yanno, the next time someone asks a question, and you do not understand such big words as "influential", keep your mouth shut.

This rant is Burger King vs McDonald's, and who had the most influential burger. First off, McD's didn't have anything BUT a hamburger to compete with. Now lets get this straight peeps. It's 1955, and McDonald's has a hamburger/cheeseburger with onions, pickles, mustard and ketchup to offer. You could get a double or triple as well, but it's still the same thing. The issue here, is that it didn't have any influence.

In 1957 Burger King introduces something new called the Whopper. This was the first time a fast food restaurant had a signature burger. But this was MORE than just a signature burger. It was the first 1/4 pound (4 oz.) patty with ALL the trimmings (Ice berg lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard) and charbroiled to boot. It's impact was nothing short of phenomenal. Due to it's popularity, the influence it had on all other fast food restaurants still shows today. McDonald's first signature burger was the Big Mac in 1968. It was supposed to compete with the Whopper, but with two 1.6oz. patties, it just came up short. Even as I post, McDonald's is still competing against a burger that is 57 years old.

That folks, is influential.

Anyhoo, here's the 17 most influential burgers of all time.

Influential Burgers
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Bandit wrote:

In 1957 Burger King introduces something new called the Whopper. This was the first time a fast food restaurant had a signature burger.

Actually Bob's Pantry came out with the "Big Boy" hamburger in the thirties, and it was so popular they renamed the restaurant Bob's Big Boy, later just Big Boy. McDonalds Big Mac is a complete copy of the Big Boy right down to the name being almost the same.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:52 pm

And now, BK is making their version of the Big Mac, called a "Big King".
A Big Mac and a Whopper are two very different, each with their own feel and taste. BK's attempt to copy the Big Mac is pathetic. It is nowhere near as good as a BM, and is not as good as their own Whopper, either.
They had best stick to making their own product, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Yeah, I tried a Big King, it taste horrible. At one time McDonalds had a copy of the Whopper called a McDLT aka Big N Tasty aka Big Tasty as well.

Good old Art Vandelay pushing those Mickey D burgers.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:59 am

It's been 55 years, and people are still griping about Barbie.

SI Swimsuit Barbie

I have nothing but the fondest memories of that doll.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Bandit wrote:

SI Swimsuit Barbie

Always knew you were weird.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:10 am

Annoyed wrote:

Always knew you were weird.

Why insult me this time, oh liberal one?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Bandit wrote:

SI Swimsuit Barbie

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the Barbie twins.

Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 Th?id=H.4833299727059207&w=306&h=366&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=1
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the Barbie twins.

Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 Th?id=H.4833299727059207&w=306&h=366&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=1

Hell yeah! Not to mention all the parodies: Knocked Up Barbie, Trailer Park Barbie, Redneck Barbie, White Trash Barbie, Welfare Barbie, Divorced Barbie, the list is endless.

And what did boys do when they got their hands on a Barbie? We invented Bar-B-Que Barbie, Drill Press Barbie, Bottle Rocket Barbie, Blow Torch Barbie, Microwave Barbie, again, another endless list.

Then in the 60's, not only did boys get an "action figure" (GI Joe), but Barbie was involved there too. We got Bend Over Barbie, BJ Barbie, Shore Leave Barbie, Cheatin Barbie...

Yeah, the memories...
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Well well. I see the forum is still here,and I remembered my password (an impressive task for me). I even found this thread that fits me well "Grumpy Old Peeps"!
Anyway I was watching BSG on BBCA and thought I would stop in here and Skiffy to say hello. Hello.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Hey, long time no see! Good to have you back, hang around awhile.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks ebber. I was just remembering steve2112 and that he was going thru a hard time. Same thing here but I got a job and have been doing better. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 am

I am sooooo freaking tired of reading about flight 370! After 72 hours, it was history people, NOT NEWS. Get a clue!

A man walking onto Norfolk, gaining access to a pier, boarding a guided missle Destroyer, disarming the chief of the watch and shooting another sailor with his weapon before being gunned down by security forces...THATS NEWS! But nobody knows it happened because we THINK they might have found a box of kleenex from flight 370!

WAKE UP!
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:04 am

After a grueling week in court, only 51 more weeks to go.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Finally finished my duties as a member of the Grand Jury. As promised, it was educational. I dare say EXTREMELY so in my case, as well as my fellow jurors. Simply put, we were just ordinary private citizens when selected. We thought we knew what was happening in our county, our city, our state. We had no clue.

THAT is the issue. Those who complain about LE or the Judicial system, fall into that group. You have no clue what you are talking about.

It's just that simple. You know, or do not. As less than 2% of the nation living, have served on a Grand Jury, most do not, and never will.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 12:11 pm

The mainstream media nowadays is plain worthless. It's precious little news, yet chock full of opinion, and reported as "news".

Remember "Investigative Reporters"? No such thing anymore. Now, most "reporters" are not even journalists. Just a "pretty face" that gets ratings.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Thanks for the well wishes peeps. But it'll take more than a Hurricane to take me out. Matthew came, and as they always do, brought all the bells, beeps and whistles.

It's going to take a long time, for the state to recover.

I don't know how POV fared. As they just launched a rocket to the IS, I doubt he was affected much.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm

I made a post a few years ago here, about the media, in this thread. To expand on that, last year I included what is considered "Main Stream Media", and my thoughts on them.

In no way, shape, form or facsimile thereof, do they represent me, the people of this nation, or our interests. In fact, they represent, the people that PAY them.

More later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Old Peeps
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: