Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Movie Recommendations and Rejections.

Go down 
+4
eber322
Walterth3rd
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sorcerers apprentice.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Sorcerers apprentice.

Took the wife to see The Sorcerers Apprentice. Good movie very enjoyable movie well done. Absolutely hilarious in some places. Very well made movie enjoyed it far better then Harry Potter movies. I recommend you take your girlfriend or wife. Worth every penny to see.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Predators   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Predators

Just came back from seeing this movie. I have to say I enjoyed it throughly. It had that feeling I got from the original movie. And of course its left wide open for another movie.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm

hmm Maybe I will watch it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Really want to see this, have to wait for the dvd release though as Netflix is the only way I can afford to see a movie.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Dead Snow. Good Nazi zombie movie.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Dead Snow. Good Nazi zombie movie.

This is a decent zombie flick from, I believe, Norway. It's sub titled, but don't let that put you off, after all it's a horror flick and the dialog isn't that extensive. That said there are some very funny lines. They mention the "Evil Dead" franchise at one point, and it's obvious that some scenes were inspired by those movies. It's more enjoyable and humorous than intense or scary, and it has pretty decent zombie makeup. One of the most enjoyable comedic zombie flicks I've seen in a long time.

Starts off with a girl being chased through the snowy woods by Nazi Zombies. Now of course, being that they are Nazi's they are intent on the one thing Nazis always were... spreading Christianity.  :lol: And of course being zombies they spread the word of Christ by eating people alive, just like the Jehovah Witnesses do by biting you and infecting you with the Christ virus.  👅 Of course the girls friends all show up to spend the weekend in her cabin and the fun ensues from there.

I definitely recommend renting it. If you have a Netflix account, it is available to watch online as well.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Green Lantern.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Green Lantern

I thought the movie was great. A lot better then I expected. I am sure the comic book guys wont be happy but then again don't expect any movie to follow the comic books.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Transformers.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:11 am

Went to see the new Transformers movie. Best one of the 3. 2nd one was alright but this one was great. Without giving out to much there was a lost of Obama bashing and in the theater there was a lot of Obama booing and snickering. Funny as hell. One person when Obama was first mentioned really loud said OMG what an idiot.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 am

Im going to try and talk my better half into going today.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:14 am

ssvs04 wrote:
Im going to try and talk my better half into going today.
Dude you have to man. Beg plead promise to rub her feet.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Cowboys and Aliens.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Went to see Cowboys and Aliens. What a great movie. Very well done a little predictible but still a great movie. Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig were awesome. Enjoyed it very much.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Looks good to me. Olivia Wilde, yummy. Got it right at the top of my Netflix queue, even though it will be months before it's released on dvd.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:48 pm

eber322 wrote:
Looks good to me. Olivia Wilde, yummy. Got it right at the top of my Netflix queue, even though it will be months before it's released on dvd.
She shows nipple.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Rise of the planet of the apes

Anyone going to watch this garbage. I am sorry but no way am I. The whole premise of the original planet was nuclear war the destruction of mankind and the evolution  of the apes. it was more about what mankind did to itself not some chemical to make apes smart.

Sorry but wont be going to watch this POS. Maybe when it comes on HBO or something but that is it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 pm

I'll probably watch it eventually on Netflix, but nothing I can't wait to see. They already screwed up the remake version with the ending of the last movie anyway.

Not to mention it's another series that needs no remake. The original movies are great as is.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm

eber322 wrote:
I'll probably watch it eventually on Netflix, but nothing I can't wait to see. They already screwed up the remake version with the ending of the last movie anyway.

Not to mention it's another series that needs no remake. The original movies are great as is.
Agreed. The stories in the first one was great. They could have remade the first one and kept with the storyline just better special effects.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
They could have remade the first one and kept with the storyline just better special effects.

Well that's true, I have to admit the ape makeup looked more realistic in the new version. To bad they screwed up not only the first movie with that ending, but all the other movies as well. The originals made a cycle, the last movie caused the first, it was like a time loop. they completely abandoned that in the remake. I mean how dumb was it that history stayed the same (same Washington DC, same cars, Lincoln memorial, etc) but all the people were apes instead? The remake basically made it so that apes evolved instead of men, so we end up with a monkey Lincoln? How stupid. I don't even see how this new one ties in with that first remake... maybe it doesn't. Wouldn't surprise me if they are rebooting the reboot already just like with Spiderman, Superman, etc.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

"I mean how dumb was it that history stayed the same (same Washington DC, same cars, Lincoln memorial, etc) but all the people were apes instead?"

Yeah, it was dopey. I hated that ending. The hero should have stayed with the people he had freed, and married that beautiful girl who wanted him. THAT would have been a nice ending.

As for this new ape movie, forget it. First, we don't need another - it's been done to death. Second, much too unrealistic. In the preview they showed apes jumping out of windows perhaps a hundred feet or more in the air, presumably landing safely on the ground. Bunk! Apes aren't super - just stronger than us. Jumping from that height would kill them.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 pm

We were discussing it on skiffy and I said I am tired of Virus toxic waiste and chemical causing zombie and now this.

Well here is the response from MBG now I am going to post it in black but I want your first opinion on what she said before read it. See if you get it right.

Nor should it. The original film came out at the height of the Cold War, when anxiety over the end of humanity was centered around the bomb. The new film instead attributes the origin of the super-species to genetic engineering. Science fiction should reflect different anxieties for different times, rather than treading the same ground over again.

In which I responded.

I agree that it did come out during the cold war. That is what made it so great and would make it great again. Nuclear war is still a very real threat today. I see your point but in this case with this movie I would love to see the nuclear war aspect.

But as far as treading the same ground the Alzheimer thing has already been done with sharks.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 am

Might go and see this one by myself this weekend since the wife is in Ecuador.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: A must watch movie.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 pm

If you have not seen it you need to see October Sky. I do not know how I missed this movie for so long but man what a great movie.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:28 am

Ok, I added it to my Netflix queue on your recommendation... So if it sucks I'm blaming you. 🤡
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am

eber322 wrote:
Ok, I added it to my Netflix queue on your recommendation... So if it sucks I'm blaming you. 🤡
You will not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: I recommend the movie "Courageous"   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I recommend the movie "Courageous"

Although not Sci-Fi, this is one great movie!

It's a funny, sincere, touching, and deep, family movie. If integrity and family unity matter to you, see this movie! It's just all-around good.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 pm

K I will get the DVD.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks for suggestion, looks good from the description.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Recommendations and Rejections.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next