Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Movie Recommendations and Rejections.

Go down 
+4
eber322
Walterth3rd
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:47 am

I will watch it when it comes on cable. The commercials strike me as being a little to preachy to spend my money on.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
I will watch it when it comes on cable. The commercials strike me as being a little to preachy to spend my money on.

Netflix, my friend. For about twenty bucks, less if you don't want streaming you can watch about 12-24 dvds a month depending on whether you have one day turn around on returning them or take a few days on the 3 out at a time plan.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Check out "The Man from Earth" on Netflix streaming.
Very thoughtful, non special effects scifi type movie.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: If there is one movie you don't see this year....   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 pm

If there is one movie you don't see this year... make sure its Melancholia.

OMG. I wanted to kill myself halfway thru. Awful. Truly awful.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:23 pm

madskillz wrote:
make sure its Melancholia.

OMG. I wanted to kill myself halfway thru. Awful. Truly awful.
LMAO I thought the same thing when I watched Lost in Space.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:55 pm

I was thinking the movie bad teacher. If a hold up is not justified to get my money back for that movie nothing is.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: The Devil's Double.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 pm

The Devil's Double

Powerful, little known movie.
Story of an Iraqi forced to be Uday Husseins double.
Absolutely not for children.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Rage of the Yeti.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Rage of the Yeti

Actually watched. I DVRd it for the usual stinky movies they have this one was not all that bad. Especially like the line from David Hewlett about the Stargate.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:43 am

I've never even heard of Melancholia. But ok, I won't see it.

For people who don't enjoy mind twisting, also avoid Crazy as Hell. If you're on pot when you see it, you may never recover.

But I think the absolute worst movie I ever saw was Hard Candy with Ellen Page. I'd burn every copy if I could.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 12:46 am

So I watched "October Sky" today. Very good film, it made my favorites list. The only depressing thing was the last shot of the shuttle taking off. Needs a new end scene after that where they say that the US no longer has a space program, and instead has to now rely on the Russians... guess they won the space race in the end.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 am

eber322 wrote:
So I watched "October Sky" today. Very good film, it made my favorites list. The only depressing thing was the last shot of the shuttle taking off. Needs a new end scene after that where they say that the US no longer has a space program, and instead has to now rely on the Russians... guess they won the space race in the end.
Told you it was a great movie. I just watched it again the other day. Wish I would have seen it at a theater.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: War Horse, Sherlock Holmes and Mission Impossible 4   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 am

War Horse, Sherlock Holmes and Mission Impossible 4

Have seen these movies in the last couple of weeks. All were good but Mission Impossible I dont think was as good as 3. Sherlock Holmes was my favorite of 2011. And War Horse reminded me of a Forest Gump in many ways. Very emotional film that had my wife with all kinds of different reactions.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

War Horse is the only one that looks good to me. I've never really liked any of the M.I. movies, mostly because all they did was steal the name from the tv show to market the films. Likewise I didn't really care for the first Sherlock Holmes since all they did was use the characters name, otherwise he isn't "Sherlock Holmes" by any means.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Plugging an old movie   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Ssvs04's mentioning that "War Horse" was an emotional film got me thinking about my favorite, very emotional, animal film....

The Journey of Natty Gann

If you've never seen it you should check it out. My review of the film on Netflix...

Quote :
This is one of my favorite movies. It's a great movie for the whole family. A very touching story about the love between a father and daughter and their quest to reunite after they lose track of each other. Along the way the girl finds love, both in her protector friend the wolf and a young man. But don't worry, nothing inappropriate or graphic for the kids to see. It's a great movie with a happy ending. The girl in this movie, played by Meredith Salenger gives a simply amazing performance. More then once I found myself with tears in my eyes at the genuine anguish she showed as she searched for her father. A lot of happy scenes as well, mostly her and the wolf enjoying their friendship. And it's very touching how the two defend and protect each other from things they couldn't protect themselves from.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:53 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Have seen these movies in the last couple of weeks. All were good but Mission Impossible I dont think was as good as 3. Sherlock Holmes was my favorite of 2011. And War Horse reminded me of a Forest Gump in many ways. Very emotional film that had my wife with all kinds of different reactions.
We seen Sherlock Holmes I thought it was very good. As far as mission impossible I think Tom Cruise likes seeing himself in spandex.

My wife wanted to see War Horse but was afraid it would take her on an emotional roller coaster.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Your wife will like it. It has a nice ending.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm

I dont do netflix hopefully it will show up on cable one day. I will keep an eye out for it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Seen War Horse today. I have to say a great movie. Really well done. The trench scene was just amazing.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Beyond Amazing.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 am

Went and watched Joyful Noise. What an amazing movie. The music is just beyond amazing. The story is amazing. It is not just about the music it is about relationships hardships people of all races coming together.

The singing is the best I have ever seen of any movie. I don't care if you like gospel or not this is an amazing movie and is worth every penny.

When watching this movie you can tell every actor and actress put there all into it. They really enjoyed making this movie. At the end you could tell Dolly Pardon was really crying. If you see one movie this year this is the one to see.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:46 pm

So I read some reviews about this movie. It did not get very good reviews and I know why.

This is from the far left point of view.

First and foremost you have a rich whit woman and a poor black woman. The rich white womans husband runs the choir. He dies the poor black woman is put in charge. Now the critics are all disappointed there is no racism from the rich white woman. Oh they have there arguments and it is funny as hell.

So the critics thinks that no way a rich white woman and poor black woman will unite for a common cause.

Then there is the economy. This movie really hits home on that point. And you know the left does not like that. The people involved white black yellow get along. You know how critics hate that.

However the critics could not be more wrong. This is an uplifting movie a great time laugh out laud funny in lots of place but showing how the economy has hit home in small town America. Something I am sure the critics who all live in major cities do not understand the small town you don't find racism in most small towns at least not where I live.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Really? I saw the commercial for that movie and was thinking I would rather have a doctor rectal exam then spend two hours watching that movie. Might watch it with the wife when it comes on paper view since you liked it so much.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Really? I saw the commercial for that movie and was thinking I would rather have a doctor rectal exam then spend two hours watching that movie. Might watch it with the wife when it comes on paper view since you liked it so much.
I am not normally into those kinds of movies bu this one is truly special.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Gardians of the Galaxy.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Gardians of the Galaxy

All I have to say is it is worth every penny. Great movie top three in my book in sci fi movies. Need more movies like this. Funny serious and just fun.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 am

Watched it yesterday. Awesome movie. Can't wait for the sequel.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: First Avenger Movie was better.    Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:50 pm

First Avenger movie was far better. Just something missing in this one. Didn't like the villain thought it was just dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Recommendations and Rejections.   Movie Recommendations and Rejections. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Recommendations and Rejections.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next